Ma-Zone Home Decor opened on May 15, 1998 and has become a favourite with local designers and the design savvy. The three-story boutique has received acclaim and has been published over one hundred times. They are recipient of multiple awards, including:
- Overall “Best of Show” at the Interior Design Show in 2003
- Toronto Life chose Ma-Zone as their pick for “The Best of Fall”
- NOW Magazine readers voted for Ma-Zone as “Best of Toronto” for home accessories.
- The Canadian Gift and Tableware Association selected Ma-Zone as the “National Retailer of Distinction”.
These recognitions are in part due to the company’s innovative approach to marketing and customer service.
Running a high end design and home decor business requires total focus on the customer. Inventory management, product labelling, pricing, business activity reporting and POS processes are not skill sets that should compete with customer service. Running servers and databases were not something that Ma-Zone was interested in managing with in-house staff.
As the provider of POS services for other businesses in the community, Armin Martiros of Ma-Zone Home Decor asked us to design and implement a carefree and easy to manage POS environment for his operations. He needed something everyone in the store could use and it had to run flawlessly.
Beckard offered a turn-key environment for the operations at Ma-Zone. The applications and server would be hosted and access provided over secure networks for all the staff. Security, POS terminals, printers and cash drawers were supplied and installed by Beckard Associates. Data management, back-up and a high level of support was offered to Ma-Zone, so that staff didn’t need to address hardware or software issues in day-to-day operations.
Ma-Zone now runs a full scale POS environment without having to know anything about computer hardware or software. The systems are fully automated and maintained by staff here at Beckard Associates. Service includes maintenance and on-site support for emergency services should the need arise. Ma-Zone sales staff simply focus on sales and customer needs. If any issues arise for their IT operations, they are addressed though remote access services or an on-site visit from one of our technical staff.
- Staff remains focused on sales and customer needs not processes and operations
- Worry free environment to grow the business. All IT and technical issues are addressed using off-site support services
- High degree of support and services provide piece of mind to staff and owners